Schedule & Events
West Milton Church of Christ ~ est. 1959
What We Believe
Chris Pinney ~ Evangelist
Cody Walling ~ Youth Minister
1959 - First Assembly
Home of Mr. John Payne
First Sunday's Collection:
Those in attendance for 1st service:
Raymond, Francis & Raymond Jr. Buchanan, Carolyn Buchanan, Myrtle Buchanan, June Gilbert, Mack Williams, and Sis Padgett.
Late in the year of 1959, the church moved to the West Milton Heights area on the south side of Highway 90. In October 1963, West Milton moved to its current location after erecting a building on land donated by T.J. & Ruth Bower. The masonry work on the building was done by Brother John Payne who was in his eighties at that time.
Those who were members of the congregation in 1963:
Raymond, Francis, & Raymond Jr. Buchanan
Frank, Myrtle, & Corroa Buchanan
Ronnie & June Gilbert
Pam & Tink Gilbert
Mack & Wynell Williams
Shorty & Dot Brobst
Ronnie & Joyce Moore
Bill & Katie Bonifay
Buddy & Mary Bonifay
T.J. & Ruth Bower
Brother & Sister John Payne
Charles & Edna Greene
Adrian, Betty & Mike McCall
Jessie Todd & 3 children Sherry, Pam, & Toni
The West Milton Church has been served by the following Elders:
Adrian McCall, Bill Prince, Gerald Bostwick, Bob Rupert, and Ron Webb.
The West Milton Church's present Elders:
Thomas Phillips, Kenny McCall, and Roger Bell.
The West Milton Church has been served by the following Deacons:
Jack Keeley, Bob Rupert, Hoyt Box, Bill Hadder, Paul Lewis, Don Jackson, David Franklin, and Jerry Waskom.
The West Milton Church's present Deacon:
The West Milton Church has been served by the following Evangelists:
Raymond Buchanan, Harry Anderson, George Prosser, Tim Jennings, Johnnie Nixon, Melvin Barker, Clarence Denney, Jerry Fausz, Arnold Baggett, and Paul Powers.
The West Milton Church's current Evangelist is
We added a Youth Minister,
, to our leadership in June 2015!
Based on a strong foundation of faith in GOD and challenged by the Elders, the church constructed a new auditorium and classroom facility in the fall of 1988. That facility was erected just west of the 1963 structure and was finished in the summer of 1989. The original building was used as a fellowship hall until it was destroyed in 2004 by Hurricane Ivan. The church built a new fellowship hall on the site of the original 1963 facility. This new facility was completed in 2006. We are grateful to GOD that our brother, Adrian McCall was able to enjoy this new facility before going to live with the Lord in October of 2006.
I. The Church was Built by Jesus Christ
- "And I say unto thee, that thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; the gates of Hell shall not prevail against it."
II. The Church was Founded in Jerusalem
- Christ said "upon this rock I will build my church". Beginning on the Day of Pentecost the church was referred to in the present tense instead of the past tense (will build).
- "...there were added unto them about three thousand souls."
- "...and the Lord added to the church daily such as should be saved."
III. Christ is the Head of the Church
Ephesians 1:22, 23
- "And hath put all things under his feet, and gave him to be the head over all things to the church, which is his body, the fullness of Him that filleth all in all."
- "And he is the head of the body, the church."
IV. We Have Only One Guide Book - The HOLY BIBLE
The word of GOD - and the word of GOD alone - we accept as our standard. The following scriptures show this to be the only safe course:
II Timothy 3:16, 17
- "All scripture is given by the inspiration of GOD, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: That the man of GOD may be perfect thoroughly furnished unto all good works."
II Peter 1:3
- "Again Peter says: "According as his divine power hath given unto us all things that pertain unto life and godliness, through the knowledge of him that hath called us to glory and virtue."
V. To Be Added to the Church, One Must Follow the Scriptures
Hear the Gospel
Belief in Christ -
- "And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house."
- "And the times of this ignorance God winked at; but now commandeth all men everywhere to repent."
Confession of Faith in Christ -
Acts 8:36, 37
- "And as they went on their way, they came unto a certainwater: and the eunuch said, See, here is water; what doth hinder me to be baptized? And Philip said, If thou believest with all thine heart, thou mayest. And he answered and said, I believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God."
Baptism by Emersion
He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned."
- "Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost."
- "Then they that gladly received his word were baptized: and the same day there were added
about three thousand souls."
- "Praising God, and having favor with all the people. And the Lord added to the church daily such as should be saved."
- "MEN, brethren, and fathers, hear ye my defense
which I make
now unto you."